It's that time of the year again when we get a chance to show our love to our partner and celebrate togetherness. Valentine's day has been chiefly about red-colored hearts, precious jewellery, greeting cards, and alike. Somewhere the idea of gifting has changed in the last 2 years, and we all have started to think of more functional and valuable gifts.
With COVID came distance from social life, and that caused more damage than the pandemic itself. Both, mental and physical health took a toll, and that's when people became aware of activities like Yoga, Meditation, Journaling, and so on. So why not give something more mindful to our loved ones that is more than a showpiece or a single-use utility.
I have curated a list of 5 gifting ideas this Valentine's day, which are different from the usual concept of romantic gifting, but indeed contribute to a better life.
1. Journals: The concept of journaling is not new, but it has undoubtedly gained a lot of importance and limelight in the last 2 years. Journaling in itself is a broad term that covers so many areas. To start with, you can gift your partner a simple yet beautiful journal to help them start slowly.
A lot of fancy journals are available in the market, which can be overwhelming to start with for someone who is new to the concept. And if someone wishes to create a habit of writing daily, starting with as small as writing affirmations can help. Here are some journals that are different, easy on the pocket, yet easy to begin with.
- https://www.artcornerbykriti.in/hardbound-journals These journals make perfect gifts for Valentine's day, as they have a very beautiful fragrance on the pages, not to miss out on the beautiful artwork on the cover, printed on a khaki paper base. Here's a special discount coupon for Soror readers to get a flat 10% off on these beautiful journals. 'COUPON CODE'
- https://scholarstore.in/collections/journal-notebooks They have a wonderful collection of all kinds of notebooks and diaries, along with dated planners.
- https://www.amazon.in/stores/MOOCH/page/BD484030-E607-4808-BBDE-09797C31B182 looking for something quirky? This brand has a lot of cute and different designs to check out.
2. Habit trackers: It is easy to think that we should start a habit, but we usually are not able to follow up with it. What can help is a habit tracker, and guess what? You can make one yourself for your partner. This makes the gift more special as it is handmade and shows your efforts too!
Making a habit tracker is pretty straightforward and just needs some patience. You can simply use any of the journals listed above and convert it into a weekly/monthly habit tracking journal. If there are habits for your partner that you want them to start with, like taking a 30 min walk daily or doing meditation daily, or as simple as eating fruit daily, just make a list of these, and that's what you need to make the habit tracker. Here are some videos that help you to make your own habit tracker and gift it to your Valentine!
Headspace subscription: Headspace is an app, available on both Android and iPhone, with multiple tools to support a healthy lifestyle. From meditations to sleep music to breathing exercises and much more. You just name it, and this app has it.
How mindful it is to gift an annual subscription on such a versatile app that can help them include these mindful activities in their daily life. And the funny part is, you can share each other's progress every day and send cute stickers to show love and motivate each other.
Art supplies: As an artist myself, I have a special love for art supplies, and that's what makes my wishlist for gifts every year. But even if you or your partner is not an artist, it is never too late to include some kind of art activity in your life. It can be as small as making small doodles in your journals with colored pens. Or, if you feel creative, you can simply learn art forms online. A lot of platforms and artists these days teach art basics with workshops or online videos. Art can make your daily monotonous life fun and can bring a lot of peace to your mind too.
Books: Yes, as simple as that, a book. Not an e-book, not a kindle, something non-digital, which can make you go away from screen time. As simple as this gift idea may sound, we have to agree that we all are going back to our basics, our roots.
Bonus idea: Another beautiful yet different gift that you can give to your Valentine is a personalized Zodiac journal. These are beautiful and add a personal touch with the customization. You can add your Valentine's name or a beautiful quote. You can order these zodiac journals from here.
Doctors suggest that having screen time before sleeping can harm your sleep quality, and these days sadly, that's all we do. Reading a book not only diverts us from hours of screen time but also helps in improving focus, knowledge, and overall mental health. And who says you have to gift something boring! You can choose a romantic novel or an interesting fiction.
Romantic Novel Ideas
So if any of these ideas clicked you and hit a chord in your heart, go ahead and plan an amazing valentine for your partner. And, if you are single, reading this, why not gift these to yourself! Self-love is the greatest form of love a person can gift to oneself, isn't it?
An Artist and Candid Kids Photography
Owner and founder of Art Corner by Kriti and Candid Memoir Photography
To learn more, click on the
Life Experiences and Learning | Experts Speak | Women Community