1. Brief Background, tell us a little about yourself?
Myself, Aastha Arora -
A go-getter, a firm believer in hard and smart work, an optimist and a dancepreneur
Founder of Aastha Wedding Choreography.
An award-winning company (wedding sutra influencer awards 2021 - Best Sangeet Choreogrpaher)
2. What got you into this unique line of business?
My passion and continuous encouragement from the society, friends and family.
3. When people hear wedding choreographer, they think someone who will come and help them sequence the dance steps. That’s all. But you are much more than that, tell us a bit more about it?
Wedding Choreography includes a lot more than just the technicality of getting the steps right and sequencing it. It involves patience, creativity and a drive to make it a dream sangeet night. We look into every aspect from song selection to mixing the right songs, from bride solo to the couple performances. The stage and lights and not to mention the Decor or the LED Visuals which will all be documented forever. This is among the most essential parts and involves a lot of coordination. Also, it involves coordination with the family and friends to make it a perfect performance. And that's where we come in and AWC has the perfect team of dancers & choreographers to make the night a memorable one.
4. Did COVID impact your business and how did you manage the difficult time?
From large-scale weddings we have all come to intimate weddings, But the same amount of dedication and passion goes into it. However, the work has been impacted. In these difficult times, it's of utmost importance to keep the spirit of the team high and not to lose hope. Fortunately, we were loaded with a virtual set up of teaching in India and abroad. Also, online presence and promotions were on board. It wasn’t that great financially, but worked out for us otherwise. we have to keep rolling with the times.
5 Has Social media helped you, personally and in terms of business?
Social media is a big part of our business. Everyone today has access to the Internet. We have been blessed to have a robust online base.
6. What advise will you give to other girls / ladies who are getting attracted to this new way of communication?
Taking a leap of faith isn't all easy, but then nothing is without firm determination. Go all out and chase your dreams.
7. Everyone looks at these beautiful pictures and settlings, I am sure process isn’t all that smooth. Tell us a bit about the hard work that goes behind these post’s?
I can’t even begin 😀
Every post/video or reel hha a lot of thinking, concept, picturization, big day of shooting, days of editing, coordinating, phone bills (lol), etc. When the day ends, the love we receive through these channels is super encouraging and make us keep going. Hence, there's no stopping us💃
For more you can reach Aastha at @aasthaweddingchoreography
To learn more, click on the tags below:
Art and Culture | Experts Speak | Women Community | Sustainable Living