Having a New Year Party with The now OMNI-potent omnipresent omnibuzzkiller. But fret not Ill tell u just how to swat-it and rock it!
The three Must do’s in place which are being repeated over amd over again over phone calls, darn you if you happen to call somebody first you have to hear the whole anthem of Covid protocols and you will be damned if you go to the airport, the lady will repeat the covid protocols so many times that they will haunt you at night. Like a tune which doesn't get out of your head .
So much for the crawling lines for a cup of coffee with 6 feet distance by the time you reach the counter you can kill for a diet coke! The titanium shift of mood layers brings me to the fact that East or West home is the best.
To escape the madness I decided to start hosting dinners at home creating safe bubbles for everyone to mingle yet be single ;) (pun intended).
After safe experiments it was clear success in “Project Party”. My guests went back and sent me gushing messages on how safe they felt and yet how much they enjoyed ! And unabashedly admitted to adopting some of the techniques they saw at my home.
To start with whether you have a closed space or an open space the key to safety lies in Good Ventilation, space and no contact
Here is how you can achieve it!
1) First there is no bar Yes you heard it Right ! No Bar where everyone goes and fixes there drinks !
I called a fixed group of friends and took there orders on the phone of there preferred poison for the evening! With me the winners were Hot toddy, Red wine, beer and bloody mary. So I knew exactly who will have the above choices! I made the toddy water and filled up a huge flask with it and made a toddy station with the flask 2 glasses stirrers, the whiskey and honey. So this separates the hot poison drinkers from the cold.
2) No two hands grasping the same bottle again and again.
- I prepared a picture of bloody mary and poured it in tall glasses with stirrers and salt on the-rims of the glasses! I filled up as many as 24 shot glasses with vodka and placed it in a round nicely spaced out, the bloody mary station was ready!
- The beer pints were shoved into ice and placed in a cute tub
- The red wine was a bit of a challenge so I bought 6 bottles of red wine. Then knowing the capacity of my friends to drink 4 glasses or 2 glasses, we gave them their own bottles to the extend possible. Please make sure you buy red wine or white but the screwable caps one not with the corks, as some people will not be able to finish in one go.
Let me come to food:
Starters: I made a big bowl of salsa / babaganoush/ garlic yogurt and hummas, then I cut lots of cucumbers, carrots, raddish in finger strips. Going back to my shot glasses or small disposable coffee cups I individual “dipsters” put a dollop and dip and stick the salad finger in dozens of cups. Single serving paper cups filled with dip-mozzarella stick, dip-fish finger and before I knew I had plenty of safe food around !!
Dinner: I kept it to different rolls which were labelled again it was no sharing.
So with no touch drinks and food out of the way you have made yourself at least 70% safe.
Rest is in your hands after a few drinks if you drop all protocols!!