The beauty of craftsmanship is also and above all, evident in real estate. How many times are we enchanted in front of the stone walls that we see on the edge of a land?
This stone wall is called "drywall". It is an ancient processing technique that, over the years, has been evolved to ensure an improvement in tightness. It should be noted that drywall has several advantages, as well as good stability.
However, even if you think it's an easy job or that everyone can do it, it's not. It is necessary a great and good dexterity of the mason and a knowledge of interlocking techniques, as well as the use of concrete.
Features of drywall and stones to be used
According to the experts at drywall supplies Edmonton, drywall is a wall consisting exclusively of stones of various sizes.
• In the construction of drywall, the fundamental aspect is the positioning of the stones, which must be done in a way that it keeps them together, in a very precise game of joints.
• You cannot use other materials, and in particular, there is no cement that would make everything easier because it would be the cement to keep the stones together.
• Already this first feature gives the idea that the operation is rather complicated, but we must add a discriminating element.
• What are the final dimensions of the wall?
• Banally, the higher the wall, the more difficult it is for it to be stable, but the width of the base is also important.
• Another important element: what kind of stone do we use?
• Obviously, the more squared and similar in size the stones are, the simpler the construction of the wall.
• In this case, it would be almost only a matter of interconnecting the bricks to obtain the result.
• In other words, it seems easy, but as mentioned, it always depends on the final size of the wall.
• If the stones are rather irregular, the work becomes more complicated because you have to work with the tools to give the stones a useful shape for laying.
• When we talk about tools, we mean those to hit and shape stones such as hammers, bribes, mallets, and iron clubs, in addition to the inevitable chisel.
• It is imperative to know the type of stone you have available and in particular its grain.
• In fact, a beaten stone will hardly crack according to our intention, but more often it will do so according to its internal constitution.
Types of Drywall
Every stone has its beauty, and every drywall has its own stone. Variants of drywall are many, some of the most used drywall suggested by the experts at drywall supplies Edmonton are:
• Natural stones
• Lava stone
• Precast concrete blocks
The latter is the most used because it has a modern appearance, excellent resistance, and greater tightness. Only it is not said that it is liked.
The most "loved" walls are those made of natural stones, quartz, and granite.
How long does it take to build drywall?
We always smile when we think about the question: how long does it take to build drywall? Depending on the size of the land or property to be fenced and also considering the height, there may be requests from two to 5 weeks.
Time is needed more than anything else to assess if there are movements of the wall and therefore if it is necessary to "disassemble" the parts not jammed considerably. We are talking about a completely manual job, so it is quite normal to think that it takes time to do this work.
The beauty, durability, and also quality repay the wait. In fact, properties and land that have drywall still have an added value.
I hope this article will be helpful for you, and we will be happy if you share your views on this with us. To get more information like this, stay tuned here!