Ingredients: (makes 2 ramekins)
15g Unsalted Butter
8g All Purpose Flour
80g Whole Milk
60g Dark Chocolate 70%
20g Egg Yolks
A pinch Salt
75g Egg Whites
15g Caster Sugar
1. As required Melted Butter, Caster Sugar for coating ramekins
2. Preheat oven to 190°C
3. To prepare the ramekins: Brush 2 or more ramekins with melted butter. Coat them with caster sugar and tap out the excess. Set it aside in the refrigerator.
4. To make the Souffle base: Melt the chocolate and set aside.
5. Melt butter on low heat in a saucepan. Add flour, whisk and cook for a minute on medium heat.
6. Reduce the heat to low, whisk the milk and cook it until the mixture thickens (for about a minute). Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate and mix to combine. Add in the salt and mix well.
7. Once the mixture has slightly cooled, add egg yolks and mix till it is well combined. Set aside.
8. To make the meringue: Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl. Once foamy, add in sugar gradually and whisk to stiff peaks, being careful not to overbeat. The meringue should still be glossy.
9. Add one third of the meringue into the base and mix till well incorporated to lighten the mixture. Add the remaining meringue and gently fold in, trying to retain as much air as possible.
10. Divide the batter between the prepared ramekins and level out. Clean the sides of the ramekin and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the soufflés are well risen.
11. Remove soufflés from the oven. Dust them with confectioner’s sugar. Serve immediately along with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
For more do follow me on my Insta @manali_k