As someone who loves travelling and would jump on an idea of a short or long trips. I have to pack wisely. Sometimes when I am exploring remote locations, I really don't have the luxury of travelling with a lot and hence these tips come handy.
So here are my top 5 tips to travel lite:
1. Pack layers and wear bulky:
* Pack for the weather, going to a cold destination I would recommend packing one heavy-duty jacket. You can choose to keep 4 sweaters to layer, this assures you are not overpacking since winter clothes are heavy and bulky.
* It's always smarter to wear heavy shoes and jackets rather than packing them in your luggage.
* Pick neutral accessories, blacks, whites and beiges. If you carry neutrals, like hats and scarves these can go with any outfit. This makes it easy in decisions making.
2. Choose smaller Luggage:
* Pick the right size of luggage, bigger piece of luggage creates a temptation to pack more and more.
3. Plan outfits for each day:
* I like to stick to my travel plans and lay out outfits for each day and have just one extra contingency outfit.
* When it comes to shoes pack one runner and one pair of sandals to go with a fancy outfit. Runners go with every casual outfit and are great for longer travel plans making it easy and comfortable to walk in.
* Keep 2-3 basic t-shirts, these are great for warm as well as cold destinations as they can be used to layer.
4. Pack Smart:
* Rolling your clothes is anytime better than folding them flat. Laying them flat can take up more space in your luggage.
* When it comes to toiletries and makeup, I swear by travel-size containers. I avoid using bulky makeup bags instead use thin and lightweight makeup bags.
* I always check with the hotel beforehand if they have a hairdryer so I don’t have to carry my bulky hairdryer.
5. Avoid Bulky stuff:
* Avoid carrying bulky and heavy electronics, for example, headphones, carry small light-weight headphones for your travel.
Something to remember when packing light is to pack the “must-haves”. Don’t focus on what if I need this, rather focus on what are really need.
Hope these tips help you travel lite and enjoy this holiday season.
For more you can find me My blog website: www.travelinsider.onlineor my Insta handle @priyanka_travelinsider29