Both trust and communication are at the heart of any successful relationship - that’s what we’ve learned throughout our lives. The same applies to working with a personal stylist - it’s a relationship, a journey, and not a transaction.
Having built India’s #1 personal styling service, I’d love to share a few tips that allow you to get results that make you scream in delight when you work with a personal stylist (IRL or virtually)
1. Be VERY detailed AND HONEST with your stylist. Let your stylist know what you are all about and what you are expecting, along with what you will not be doing at all. Your stylist is not a magician who can wave a magic wand and you'll have cute outfits it's a partnership. Also, give her feedback on what's working and what's not.
2. In fashion it’s not always easy to articulate what you are looking for in words. Share visuals, Pinterest boards, or even links of influencers/images so your stylist understands what is catching your eye.
3. Following up on that point, be realistic in your expectations :). Don't expect a designer gown at 1/20th of the price without compromising on quality or fit. Your stylist can help you get a certain look within your budget but keep market realities in mind.
4. Fit is a fundamental part of clothing and your size label is only one factor. Tell your stylist about any fit challenges you’ve experienced in the past -are tops are always too short, or sleeves are too long. (At StyleNook we classify women into one of 65 body shapes - that’s how unique we all are.) Also, let our stylist know what kind of fits you feel best in - it's not about what's “typical” for your body, but what you feel good in.
5. Finally keep an open mind and have fun! Being adventurous and open to new ideas is part of the fun in fashion! A stylist’s goal is to help you discover your personal style, so that involves showing you pieces you may not be expecting or buying for yourself. Don’t immediately shut yourself down to that option or else you remain in the same style zone you’re in.
At StyleNook we’ve built a form that allows us to understand these preferences and requirements. We also collect feedback on each piece sent. All this information helps paint a holistic picture of what styles work best for our customers, and ensure that our customers feel amazing!
Do check us out at https://stylenook.in we would love to style you!
To learn more, click on the tags below:
Life Experiences and Learning | Experts Speak | Women Community