The news spread like wildfire and India can’t be more proud. The title of Miss Universe 2021 was honourably given to Harnaaz Sandhu. India has won this title 21 years after Lara Dutta brought it home back in 2000. Sororedit is celebrating Harnaaz Sandhu's Miss Universe Winning 2021 and wishing best wishes for her future!
Indian beauties have worn the crown 10 times across the four big international beauty pageants, considered the most important in the world. The titles include -
Three - Miss Universe crowns (1994 • 2000 • 2021)
Six - Miss World crowns (1966 • 1994 • 1997 • 1999 • 2000 • 2017)
One - Miss Earth crown (2010)
How many Miss Universe and Miss World from India?
- Our first big title was when Reita Faria from India bagged the Miss World title in 1966, becoming the first Asian to win.
- Sushmita Sen won Miss Universe in 1994, becoming India’s first-ever Miss Universe titleholder.
- Later that year, Aishwarya Rai picked up the Miss World 1994 title, making India win both Miss Universe from India and Miss World in the same year. And also the last country to do so in the 20th century.
- Diana Hayden then won the Miss World 1997.
- Actor and model Yukta Mookhey was later crowned Miss World in 1999.
- Six years after Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai's double wins, Lara Dutta won Miss Universe 2000
- Priyanka Chopra won Miss World 2000 replicating the year 2000.
- In 2010, Nicole Faria from Bangalore became the first Indian woman to win the Miss Earth 2010 pageant.
- Manushi Chhillar won the Miss World 2017 title and became the sixth Indian woman to be crowned Miss World.
- Latest: Harnaaz Sandhu won the Miss Universe 2021 title, becoming the most recent Big Four pageant titleholder from India as of 2021.
Seeing these divas being crowned makes us happy and proud. Harnaaz Sandhu Miss Universe isn’t just another win, but one that is deeply heartfelt and sentimental for the whole nation. It has inspired the girls from India to never stop dreaming and working on themselves. And that is the truest version of victory.