Boiled chickpeas – 2 cups
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Finely chopped ginger garlic – 2 tablespoons
Chopped green chili- 1
Fresh Parsley – 2 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder- half teaspoon
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil for pan frying – 4-5 tablespoons
For the salad:
Red onion sliced length-wise
Vinaigrette made with lime juice and evoo
Sumac – 1 tbsp
1. Cook the onion, ginger-garlic and chili and set aside to cool.
- 2. Mash the chickpeas in the blender, just enough to make them coarse
3. In a big bowl combine the onion mixture with the chickpeas and add the cumin powder, chili powder, parsley, salt and pepper
4. Once combined, take a tablespoon of the mixture and turn them into roundels till all the kebabs have been shaped. Keep aside
5. In another bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, mix in the dressing and the sumac just before eating
6. On a flat bottomed-pan, heat up the evoo and start pan frying the kebabs on each side, turning ever so lightly so they don’t crumble.
Now complete the salad and serve the kebabs with it. You can also have some pita bread on the side to make it a complete meal or just have the kebabs as a snack!