Roopa Rajan has been a food enthusiast for as long as she can remember. As a child, her exposure to epicurean experiences where aplenty, thanks to close interactions with the elders of her family, who whipped up a traditional fare at the drop of a hat. Picking freshly produced, local ingredients, starting from basic vegetables, going all the way to niche spices, was something she grew up watching closely. With these precious experiences tied deep into her soul, Roopa has spread her wings and become the food entrepreneur she was destined to be.
With her penchant for picking out indigenous ingredients to use in her recipes, whether traditional or the ones she conceives herself, Roopa has consciously fostered sustainability in her culinary experiments. She believes in the charm of local ingredients – whether it is moringa or barley, lentils or long pepper – she has immersed herself in the historical relevance of each element and cherished their rustic essence and nutritional value.
Over the years, she has fused the best of native ingredients from across India and created unique recipes that enhance health without compromising on taste. Naturally, her valuable recipes were discovered by family and friends; what started off as a loving gesture – packing homemade chutney and curry powders for loved ones living across the globe – gradually became a brand to reckon with.
The Start of a Fruitful Entrepreneurial Journey
Roopa's culinary journey quickly expanded out of her kitchen to culminate into the brand, Nutrisupa. From her determination, hard work, and constant learning, Nutrisupa is made from the purest and the best native ingredients, resulting in tasty, nutritious, and fresh food products that anyone can prepare quickly and easily.
With her brand, Roopa aims to combine traditional recipes with local ingredients and encourage and inspire people to cook nutritious food daily and practice healthy and clean eating. She believes that good gut health is deeply related to the clarity of thought. What you eat affects how you think. And with this conviction, Nutrisupa has all the elements of mindful eating and holistic living. All the products are dairy-free, vegan, and plant-based and have no artificial flavors and preservatives, thickening agents, and emulsifiers. They are safe for people of all ages, efficiently manage lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, and help with weight management.
Nutrisupa Product Range Some of the most popular products from Nutrisupa's range of healthy and plant-based foods are:
● Moringa Lentil Soup
● Spiced Lentil Soup
● Almond Fennel Soup
● Agathi Lentil Soup
● Rose Almond Soup
Roopa believes that learning must never cease, grabbing every opportunity to add to her growing list of educational qualifications.
● Gold Medal in MSc Psychology, University of Mysore
● Post Graduate Program in Human Resources Management, Karnataka State Open University.
● Certificate in Women Start-Up Program, IIMB
● Certificate in Food and Nutrition from the University of Mysore and Swayam.
● Certificate Program on Ayurvedic Dietetics, TDU Bengaluru.
● Certificate program on Advanced Ayurvedic Dietetics, TDU Bengaluru.
Roopa's efforts, right from the start, have been focused on educating more and more people on how to make healthy and sustainable food consumption possible on a day-to-day basis. These endeavors have led to the following professional accomplishments
● Founder of Nutrisupa – an assortment of preservative-free, vegan, and plant-based food products such as soups made with indigenous ingredients.
● Contribution of recipes and write-ups and live demonstrations of Indian recipes on digital platforms like Chefs and Chef Nisar's Group.
● Appearance and voting on India's best 50 dishes on Zee Zest.
● Selected among the top 15 'entrepreneurs' of Bangalore in the Food & Beverages category in 2020 by the Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME).
● Featured on Udyamita, a platform by LetsEndorse, which is empowered by Social Alpha (a Tata Trusts Initiative) and is a NASSCOM 10k social enterprise.
Roopa's work in the realm of reinventing cultural foods in the context of modern living has been recognized and featured by media houses and publications.
● Deccan Herald – an article on plant-based protein – https://bit.ly/3nxTqmr
● Your Story – an article on the Futurepreneur Grand Challenge 2019-2020 hosted by GAME and supported by Facebook India – https://bit.ly/3qYXuy4
Looking into the Future
As much as Roopa's recipes are inspired by the culinary and spice heritage of India, her attempt is to blend them with modern ideas and create food that is traditional yet functional. Armed with the concept of 'evolving tradition,' Roopa's vision is to spread the message of sustainable eating across the world. She is already working with plant-based nutritionists and clinical dieticians to help people restore their health, repair their lifestyle and find healing in nutritional eating habits.
To know more, please contact:
To learn more, click on the tags below: