What does gifting look like on the day we celebrate love, Valentine’s Day!
Love must be celebrated each day, but special days give us the opportunity to go out of the box and try something different.
According to me who has been thinking and working all about gifting for the past few years now, these are a few things one cannot miss while thinking of the perfect gift :
1. Experience: That comes first on my list and hopefully should come first on everyone's list that is planning to make Valentine's Day special. What I mean by experience is something that might or might not need a lot of money maybe?
It can be a walk at your favorite place, your favorite hangout spot, Your partner and you doing something together like cooking your favorite meal, a cake or just spending time together with a movie and your favorite snacks.
When I think of the “experience” part, one quote that comes to my mind is, “People will forget what you had said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” If you don’t know what to do, maybe I can help you with a few ideas?
- Grow a small sapling or plant at home or near your favorite spot if you have a chance: let that love grow!
- Plan a trek or a nature trail in your city or the city you met, to make it more memorable and also learn more about nature.
- Light up your house with candles and a fragrant diffuser and make your movie night special with some real flowers to add to some intimacy.
2. Good Food: Who doesn't love good food? Making food might sound like a tiring job but it can be therapeutic too...from prepping to making your favorite food can be such a fun thing to do with your partner.
Even eating at your favorite restaurant should be a good plan or going out to a place that has been on your to-do list also can be ticked off.
- A candlelight dinner with some healthy homemade food is very special to me, also keeping in mind the environment you can use cloth buntings, paper décor, and fresh flowers which won’t be a burden on you and the environment.
3. Thoughtful Gifts: Let’s think out of the box for this valentine’s day, you can obviously stick to the usual but something different will always bring a smile to your partner's face. A few suggestions for thoughtful gifts I would like to give are :
- A spa day! That is one of the most relaxing gifts ever, don’t you think?
- Help them start A DIY project or a hobby they have been wanting to start for a long time.
- Gardening set if they want to grow their own kitchen garden.
- A day at a farm where you can enjoy amongst nature and have wholesome meals.
- A pottery workshop, is something I have been planning for myself for some time now.
- A hand-made diary or journal would be great if they like to record their thoughts in one.
- A grooming kit or a personal care kit for him or her is also a thoughtful and useful gift.
- Spend a day with animals if you and your partner are animal lovers.
Most importantly, ask your partner what they want as a gift if they want something. We end up buying a gift that we like or we assume our partner would like, but it would be very considerate to ask if your partner is in need of something specific.
For long-distance couples, it could be a little hard to maybe go for a trek together or cook a meal together, but in this world of technology, we can order their favorite food, plan a spa day for them and also book a short trip for each other.
In the end, the person you love must be happy!
If I told you all that I celebrate events and special days without balloons, plastic decorations and also things which are single-use plastic, You might think I’m a boring person, but my parties are never boring. There are many options for decorating your home without plastic.
Here are a few options you can try for eco-friendly decorations
- Cloth Buntings
- Live plants
- Cardboard decorations
- Paper or leaf confetti
- Cloth gifting wraps