Aging is beautiful when it is embraced with love respect and compassion.
Let’s live each phase of this wonderful life as we age gracefully.
Menopause, perimenopause and postmenopause are stages in a woman's life when her monthly period stops.
Perimenopause is the first stage in this process and can start eight to 10 years before menopause.
Menopause is the point when a woman no longer has menstrual periods for at least 12 months.
Postmenopause is the stage after menopause.
As you age, your hormone levels drop and symptoms appear like
➡️Hot flashes (a sudden feeling of warmth that spreads over the body).
➡️Night sweats and/or cold flashes.
➡️Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex.
➡️Urinary urgency (a pressing need to urinate more frequently).
➡️Difficulty sleeping (insomnia).
➡️Emotional changes (irritability, mood swings, mild depression).
➡️Dry skin, dry eyes or dry mouth.
How can we reduce the symptoms especially like hot flashes and insomnia and enjoy the beautiful phase of transition -
1. Reduce intake of Caffeine.
2. Stop Smoking.
3. Avoid excessive spicy foods.
4. Reduce alcohol intake
5. Walk daily and relax your mind
6. Never stop working if you love what you do
7. Have a hobby- if you don’t have yet- try to make “good health, a hobby”
8. Don’t ignore your annual health check up
9. If symptoms are beyond your normalcy - consult your doctor
10. Treatment options are available as both hormonal and mommy-hormonal medications.
Which tests when and why are needed to catch the disease before it manifests. List of Tests.