Ever since Russia war has been imposed on Ukrainians, we are taken by storm seeing how leaders who helm the seat of development, promoting peace are now equipped with weapons, leaders who amplify their voices to mitigate global wars are now paving the way for a massacre!
Ever since Russia-Ukraine war news have been storming internet, heartbreaking visuals of Ukrainians fleeing in cold and despair, civilians at bomb shelters, citizens making Molotov cocktails to combat the enemy, parents exerting all their strength to find shelter to safeguard their children, newborn babies being introduced in the world amidst the chaos of heavy missiles and bombs are sight enough to make us ponder - Are we Humans Enough?
Why did this War Begin?
President Putin stated that Russia could not feel "safe, develop and exist" owing to what he claimed was a constant threat from contemporary Ukraine. He claimed his goal was to be protecting people induced to bullying and genocide and aim for the "demilitarisation and de-Nazification" of Ukraine. Late in 2021, Russia began deploying a large number of troops close to Ukraine's borders while constantly denying it was going to attack. Later, Mr. Putin scrapped a 2015 peace deal for the east of Ukraine, asserting areas under rebel control as independent.
Impact of Russia-Ukraine War on the world
Ukraine's President, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, stands at the forefront to protect his fellow citizens, refusing the offer of immediate evacuation by the American government. As Russia launches a devastating attack by air, land, and sea on Ukraine, a European democracy of 44 million people, Kyiv, prompts a mass exodus of refugees.
- Amidst Ukraine crisis, the world will witness an immediate impact on inflation (already ruling at high levels) with a massive surge in its food and fuel prices.
- Other prices will steeply rise as supply bottlenecks get aggravated owing to sanctions and the prevailing situation.
- The investment weather will deteriorate due to the questionable scenario.
- Capital flows into any country will weaken, leading to a further decline in the stock markets.
- Exports will certainly be hit due to the decline in growth in the world economy and deglobalization.
- With capital flows sharply declining, already turning adverse Balance of Payment will deteriorate further.
A sigh of relief comes down as Ukraine’s women community takes up arms in defiance, answering the call to defend their nation. From politicians, models to frontline workers, all these remarkable women standing with their nation amidst crisis is what true gender equalism and women empowerment means!
The ongoing geopolitical climate will witness an impact on the global climate, blocking multifarious trade opportunities, hindering trade growth, the world’s economic breakdown, and much more. The attempt to quest for abundance has blurred the fine line of humanity, which is now turning astronomical, swiping away countless lives and countries while questioning the very existence of humankind!