This is another product that has really made its way into the shopping list for people in the last year and a half, and is highly debated. Different brands have different functionality / quality / convenience / failure rate etc etc.
I too have been asked this question a number of times ‘Does it really work?’. And I have to say I like mine and again I have used it extensively in this last year and half. So have a few of my other friends who actually have a better and more advanced model and we all are quite happy.
My family call's it Nemo because it's black and yellow in color . It's not perfect but it does the work. Especially since I have a 6 year old.
- Robot vacuums don’t have unwieldy cords or hoses to deal with.
- They require little effort from you: You can run one from your couch using a physical remote or smartphone app, and the higher-end models can be programmed to wake up and start cleaning without any intervention at all.
- You can multitask. Your house gets cleaned while you are working on your dinner or even better when you step out for grocery shopping or coffee.
- Robot vacuums work very well for most common household droppings—food crumbs, pet hair, dust—making them ideal for routine maintenance and quick cleanings when you’re expecting company.
- They are noisy. If you are managing homeschooling / work from home, timing can be a challenge.
- You need to prepare the room a bit for it to work. Move the furniture a bit and pick up small toys / pencils etc from the floor else it will either pick it as a waste or get stuck or go around that area.
- Some do bang into the furniture a bit. Not that they are strong enough to do any damage but it can be irritating at times.
- Pets don’t really like these robots going around the house. I don’t have a pet so I haven’t seen it on a day to day basis but that's the popular opinion. But they do a great job at picking dog / cat hair.
Yet again ladies this is not a sponsored post, just a plain simple life experience. So please do let us know if you can add to the list of pros and cons for these robots.